Bright, Bold, or Pale shades of Color Eye Shadow are Back!
The fashion runways certainly revealed that this Fall season.
One of my favorite color to use is shades of pink. Using bold, brilliant pink hues for eye shadow is certain to make you stand out from the crowd. Playing with different combinations of shadow textures can be fun too, like pairing matte textures with shimmery finishes compliment each other. When you want to add a focus on parts of the eye or face, a shimmery texture will achieve just that. To add depth or softness to the eye or face, a matte texture is your go-to. Understanding this concept will enable you to create many different looks.
Tips for Applying Pink Shadow:
- Prime. Always use a concealer or if you tend to have oily eyelids, use a primer with color instead. It is important to cover any imperfections you may have on your eyelids and an even tone.
- Eyeshadow Depth & Shape. Make sure to use brushes that are not too fluffy or big. It is important to make sure shadow can be applied exactly where you want it. Starting with a very light pink tone, glide shadow across the eyelid crease using a matte texture to this area. You can gradually go deeper in the color of your shadow to increase the intensity and depth of your desired eye shadow look. Take your time during the application to make sure you are blending each layer of shadow in the crease. Once completed you are ready to add color to the lid area.
- Eyeshadow Color Application. Apply a shimmery texture directly onto the eye lid. The intensity of color and shimmer is a personal choice. You should have fun experimenting with this part! If you are attending a special event, be a little more daring. The brow bone should not be forgotten. For your brow bone, apply a pale, light tone in either a satin or matte finish. Your shadow application is now complete!
- Finishing Touches. I always like working with a gel liner close to the lash line to add depth. Depending on your preference, you can have either a more defined liner or a blended smoky look. When using liner with pink shadow, black or brown create a classic look, but if you have another color in mind, try it! To finish the look, I recommend a light application of shadow under the lower lashes. Apply the same concept of increasing the intensity little by little to help define the eye shape, you don’t have to go dark to achieve this. Lastly, add a highlighter to the cheek bone area with a splash of pink on checks and lips to complete your look.
To see Celebrity Makeup Artist Cloe Vitale’s take on the Pink trend, click here!
Recommended Products. To achieve this look, we have listed links our favorite products below.
- Too Faced Razzle Dazzle Berry Palette
- MAC Cosmetics Risk Taker Palette
- Urban Decay Naked Cherry Palette
- MAC Cosmetics Mineralize Blush: Happy-Go-Rosy
- NARS Hot Tryst Cheek Palette
- Urban Decay Afterglow 8-Hour Powder Blush: Obsessed
Lipstick & Lipgloss